[Zope-CMF] portal types and skins

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:36:12 -0500

[Dieter Maurer]
> What I do not understand is how you "register a filesystem directory view
> in a portal_type".
>
>    Usually, a "portal_type" does not register anything.

I have a Zope Product, modeled on NewsItem called PressRelease.  In it's
__init__.py, I have this:

  registerDirectory('skins', press_release_globals)
  registerDirectory('skins/PressRelease', press_release_globals)

Am I using the wrong terminology?  Or otherwise doing something plain dumb?
I think someone else answered that I need to have an Install.py.  Hmm, I
just noticed that they sent that to my and not the list.  Not sure why, but
here's what they wrote:

"""Most authors of CMF types also create an install script. This script
does all the thing mentioned above. You invoke it by creating an
external method in the root of a portal.

See for an example
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/andrew/projects/CMFCalendar/CMFCalendar_03b.tar.
gz

The Install.py script is in the Extensions directory."""

Cheers,

// mark

-