[Zope-CMF] DCWorkFlow Guard Expressions?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:23:59 -0700

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:48:13PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > So it seems to me that my states depend on dynamic factors
> > which are not part of the workflow.  They are simple
> > questions to ask ("does http://B/foo exist?  is http://B/foo
> > newer than http://A/foo?") but the problem is that they
> > could conceivably change at any time. My states are not static. :-)
> > I certainly don't want to go modifying every manage_beforeDelete
> > etc. to make sure that it notifies the workflow, but I wonder
> > if I might have to.
>
> Maybe you just need more states.
>
> When you move content to B, make it "Synced".  Then, to edit something that
> is "Synced" you would move it to another new state "Revising."

So I'd have to take Edit out of where it is now and make it part
of portal_actions, since it now represents a transition.

I think this would work, but I'm still paranoid about
false status if somebody does what they shouldn't and modifies
stuff on B directly.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com