[Zope-CMF] Re: cmf 1.4 planning - CMFTypes

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:10:09 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

> Yuppie wrote:
>

> > I don't know zope3. Are the concepts of CMFTypes future compatible?
>

> My take on Zope 3 is that it's of purely academic interest right now. As
> such, this question doesn't matter as the answer for just abiout
> everythign Zope 2 - ish is currently 'no'...

Well. I think keeping an eye on zope 3 does make sense in some respects:

1.) Some features missing in CMF are already implemented in or at least
well discussed for zope 3. Why re-invent the wheel? Why develop
alternative solutions?

2.) Some features will be easy to port to zope 3, others will not make
any sense in zope 3. Why focus on developments we already know they'll
be obsolete in zope 3? Why not concentrate on fields we can gain useful
experiences for zope 3?

Cheers,

Yuppie