[Zope-CMF] Removing access to ZMI

Michael Havard nhavar@hotmail.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:38:02 +0000

Let me explain more clearly. I have a site using CMF. I want users to be
able to use the default CMF management template screens that have built in
functionality for CUT COPY PASTE RENAME DELETE. However I do not want them
to be able to access any screens through "manage" since it gives access to
information above and beyond what they have "published" and allows them to
mung around in things that they have no business in. Now I can limit access
to the management screens but this removes the CUT COPY PASTE buttons from
the CMF pages.

I am unsure as to what changes to make to the CMF skins or how to assign
permissions to scripts that belong to the CMF install to be able to have
management access at the CMF level but not actual management access to the
ZMI. To me these components should be seperate. I need content creators to
create, rename, move and delete content but I do not want them messing
around in python scripts, dtml methods, adding products or messing with any
of the behind the scenes stuff.

I hope that makes sense.

>From: Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de>
>To: "Michael Havard" <nhavar@hotmail.com>
>CC: chrisw@nipltd.com, zope-cmf@zope.org
>Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Removing access to ZMI
>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:36:41 +0100
>
>Michael Havard writes:
>  > Unfortunately that seems to remove the ability to cut/copy/paste in the
>CMF
>  > site.
>Apparently, you want "cut/copy/paste" but not with the ZMI?
>
>   In this case, give your scripts the "Manager" proxy role
>   and grant "View management screens" only to "Manager".
>
>   If you want even "Manager" not being able to see management screens,
>   do "cut/copy/paste" in External Methods or Python products.
>

>Dieter

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.