[Zope-CMF] Plong/CMF lack of speed?

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 00:09:26 +0200

Hi,
I just installed the latest Plong release (windows) and I was struck
by fact that feels so slow (an most probably there for are, unless if
there is something really stinky going on? (I run a rather old laptop which
is excellent on detecting slow softwares :-)

My question is if this is something someone else has noticed and
investigated before me?
In that case, what's the probable cause?
Is it Plone that is slower than regular or does this have anything
to do with CMF (I usually don't run CMF on this machine so I doesn't
really have anything to compare Plone to, except from my regular
Zope sites (which I do run on this machine) which feels significantly faster.

I suspicious that it might be the portal_skin __getattr__ that slows things
down?

My experience of CMF is more of the source code that actually running it.
(IMHO because the source code is far more interesting than an accusal CMF site)

Regards,
Johan Carlsson