[Zope-CMF] My own type - stuck again

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
11 Sep 2002 10:43:26 -0400

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 10:23, Jochen Haeberle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, it's me again. I am stuck again...
>
> Following up on my problems with extending the existing CMF Document
> type with some properties, I finally managed to do a ZCLass, that
> inherits from CMFDefault:Document. I can now add it to the portal and
> save it - fine!

Great!

> My first problem is that Title and Description (part of DublinCore)
> will not get saved, also managing the MetaData works fine.
> Anyone knows why this is so?

I don't have that experience (but see below).  Where are you trying to
edit the Title and Description?

> The second problem comes with my own properties. I added a
> propertysheet to my WrapperZClass and the properties I need. I can
> show the input fields in my edit_form and get the default-values
> fine. But the changed values will not be saved. I thought this might
> happen automagically, but no :-(
> What do I need to do to get those saved?

What a Biblical question! :)  You need to customize the "form handler"
script ('document_edit', probably) to take the additional property
values as arguments, and then call 'manage_changeProperties' on your
ZClass' propertysheet to update them.

> The way to Zen is very hard...

Agreed.

Tres.