[Zope-CMF] Where can i get CMF Documentation?

Jochen Haeberle listen@midras.de
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:39:22 +0200

Hi,

you need to read around... Have a look at zope.org, cmf.zope.org, you
might find some documentation at plone.org that covers CMF specifics.
You might even get some ideas at zopelab.com.
Look out for HowTos and Tipps, use search intensively and read
through many articles, related or not. You will get new ideas and
insights by that, helping you wioth your next steps.
this is cumbersome but works and probably gives you a deeper insight
than readin a doku or book.

the biggest problem with the available info online regarding Zope or
the CMF is IMHO that most of it is outdated in that it describes a
solution basing on another version of either Zope, CMF or plone...

Some of the available Zope Books cover CMF, but not in very detail.
"Zope Web Application Development and Content Management" has a
subchapter on CMF with 7 pages, nothing more than an introduction.

After a while and playing around I found looking at the source both
"inspiring" and helpful.

When I wanted to do my first site in CMF I decided to use plone as
the basis because it seemed to have a more active community and
offered a nice basis for start. But the problems I have usually are
not plone but CMF related and so you will find me at the cmf list
asking newbie questions there.

Regards
Jochen