[Zope-CMF] Using portal_membership_tool - basic question

Lieven Van Acker lieven@archg.sintlucas.wenk.be
12 Sep 2002 14:26:51 +0200

Hi,

I'm experimenting with CMF 1.3 + Plone 1.0 alpha 4

This is what I want to do: write a script to automate the adding of
users from an external source.

I created a python script 'testadduser' in the root of my plone site
saying

context.portal_membership.addMember('autouser',autopass',[],[])

When I try to execute the cript, logged in as manager, I'm presented
with the login-screen. I tried to set the a proxy-role of manager on the
script, but the result is the same. Can someone explain this?

Regards,

Lieven