[Zope-CMF] CMF rights Problem- Help- 2nd try

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:52:34 +0200

Kelley, Sean writes:
 > I am logged in as a user with site-wide "manager" rights.  I go into a
 > folder and add a new folder.  I enter title and submit.  Then I publish the
 > folder, I get an a "site error" with the included traceback.
 > Site Error
 > Resource not found
 > Resource: http://ut-web/utilities/Workgroups/weekend/view
 > traverse
 >   File C:\UTILIT~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 492, in
 > notFoundError
Zope is convinced that is does not find
"http://ut-web/utilities/Workgroups/weekend/view".

When it does not run in debug mode, Zope sometimes cheats: it says
"notFound" while in fact, it finds the resource but does not like
it (missing doc string, usually). Run Zope in debug mode and
see whether you get a different error.

Do you mean a "Folder" or a "PortalFolder"?
A standard Zope "Folder" does not have a "view" method.
Do not mix standard Zope objects and CMF objects (unless you know
what you are doing).

Dieter