[Zope-CMF] allowedContentTypes

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:48:17 -0400

I am using the allowedContentTypes method to retrieve the, you guessed it,
allowed content types for a folder.  The problem I am having is that when an
anonymous user calls this function, it returns nothing.  I have checked the
portal_types tool and all is set up correctly (filter types on, numerous
types selected).

The reason that an anonymous user needs to call this is so that I can allow
search results to be narrowed by document type.  I am doing the following:

<dtml-in allowedContentTypes>
</dtml-in>

This returns nothing.  I have tried giving the dtml method a proxy role of
Manager but that does not work.  When I try to set the proxy role to Member,
I get the following error message:

   You are not authorized to change [method] because you do not have proxy
roles.

I haven't seen that before.  Is my first problem related to the second? If
not, can anyone offer an explanation / solution to either problem?

Thanks,

Kevin