[Zope-CMF] CMF NewsFeed / News aggregation

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
18 Sep 2002 15:10:23 +0200

ons, 2002-09-18 kl. 14:53 skrev Jeff da Goofrider:
> I tried all the newsfeed products (except for CMF
> NewsFeed 'cause I don't want to install ZEO) and none
> of them worked. I really would like to see some form
> of news aggregation in Zope-CMF/Plone.
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to write one myself, but I
> can hardly understand ZClasses now as it is.... *sigh*
>  Maybe Zope 3 will be easier to write components for I
> hope. Better docos for Zope (especially CMF) would
> come a long way. Plone has way better docos.
>
> Has anyone tried CMF NewsFeed? Does it work?

Hello Jeff,

I have improved my OnlinePIM product with something called a 'BoxTool'.
The purpose of this boxtool is to create ... boxes :-)
More precisely: To give the managers of a portal the ability to control
the layout of the portal completely.
Now one of the box types you can create is an RSS Box. This box contains
a parsed RSS. It is based on the CMFNewsFeed product (but without the
ZEO stuff). It's not ready for a release, but the code resides in our
cvs repository (in the HEAD branch). Take a look at
http://www.mmmanager.org/downloads - at the bottom of the page there is
an explanation on how to get stuff from the cvs repository. We also have
mailing lists, bug trackers and other stuff located at that page.

Greetings,
Gitte Wange