[Zope-CMF] TextIndexNG and CMF/Plone - Fulltext Index of Files // Converters

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <lists@andreas-jung.com>
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:31:59 +0100

--On Donnerstag, 19. September 2002 16:25 +0200 Mitja Martini
<mmartini@web.de> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> thank you for your immediate reply. Maybe I should try the CVS version of
> TextIndexNG. At least all content-type errors disappeared.

The CVS version is identical with 1.05beta except a one line bug fix

> I already replaced all TextIndexes and reindexed them but the catalog
> does not index the content of files. I think the problem is that the
> searchable text method of file.py does not pass the content:
>
>     def SearchableText(self):
>         """
>         SeachableText is used for full text seraches of a portal.  It
>         should return a concatenation of all useful text.
>         """
>         return "%s %s" % (self.title, self.description)

That's a CMF issue. Looks like SearchableText only indexes the title
and the description. Depending on what stuff you are indexing you should
try to add an index "PrincipiaSearchSource'.

-aj