[Zope-CMF] How do I add new metadata values?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:32:27 -0500

> I looked through all the HowTos and FAQs I could find, as well as the
mailing
> list archives, and found nothing that helped.  I did find discussions
about
> how to change the defaults for the existing metadata values, but nothing
> about adding a new value.  Am I misunderstanding the way the metadata tool
> works?

yes Doug you are ;(.

the metadata tool is not very flexibile.  there is a patch for
FlexibleMetadata that
I *think* may help.  What I know *will* help is CMFTypes, although the
presentation is Plone centric (I consider it a good thing ;) - you can
programatically
add attributes/metadata to your objects w/o having to futz with skins.

Content Objects are not wired into the metadata tool.  DublinCore is what
most things inherient from so they get the attributes.  but any changes to
schema
have you go in yourself in your edit_script.  <plug>CMFTypes does what we
all have expected from the CMF in the first place</plug>

~runyaga