[Zope-CMF] Path indexes

Miles Waller miles@jamkit.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:30:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm using zope 2.5.1, with python 2.1.3 and CMF 1.1beta.  I have a python
script which returns a list of the newest 5 news items contained in the
folders below.  The idea is that on the homepage of the site, it shows all
news items, but as you go into different sections it shows a more restricted
selection.  It also allows me to use the same script in many sections.

To do this, I carry out a query against a path index, using the path from
the current folder.  All straightforward so far, and works fine.  However,
if i rename a section, the paths indexed for any subitems are not updated in
the index and so the script returns nothing!

An example:

Before renaming:

               contents of path index
/              /
 section       /section
  news1        /section/news1
  news2        /section/news2

After renaming:

               contents of path index
 new_section   /new_section
  news1        /section/news1
  news2        /section/news2

Has anyone else used path indexes, and have they encountered this problem at
all?  If so, is there a workaround or is it fixed in a later version of
something (the versions are fixed at the moment because the server's in
production)?

TIA

Miles