[Zope-CMF] Dublin Core Metadata

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
28 Sep 2002 13:43:27 +0200

> I don't get it... Plone is an complete alternative CMF, that just dosn't
> work - what's the point of that ?

We all see that toy don't get it. It's quite obvious.

"""
What is the CMF?

The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and
content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented
portal sites. As packaged, the CMF generates a site much like the
Zope.org site. The CMF is intended to be easily customizable, in terms
of both the types of content used and the policies and services it
provides.
"""

> I mean.. i.e. when you install Plone, it just deletes any workflow one
> might have set up, and replaces them with Plone-workflow - hey, there's a
> point in having multiple workflows and because one installs Plone, these
> shouldn't be affected.

When you create an instance of Plone, and select "Default Plone", you
get a default plone instance setup for you.

If you don't want this, then write a CustomizationPolicy of your own. I
do this every time. Simple and very powerful.

> Plone: You can't seperate the workflow from our product. It is now
> seamlessly integrated into Plone and Plone would therefore not be Plone
> without it's own workflow... really... come on guys !

What on earth are you talking about?? Plone even comes with a "Private
site" policy that you can install, that has a different workflow.

RTFM.

/Magnus