[Zope-CMF] Re: Plone-CMF

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
29 Sep 2002 17:24:47 +0200

> > > Is this true? I never heard about that. I always thought that plone
> > > will stay open source.
> > >
> > > Am I going the wrong way?
> >
> >No. You have nothing to worry about. Plone will never be more closed
> >than what Zope is today.
> >
> > > But what will I do in one or two years, when plone is closed source?
> > >
> > > Could you please shed some light on this?
> >
> >Erik, once again, doesn't know what he's talking about.
>
> It was just what Alan told us a few month back - Alan, have you changed
> your mind or have you forgotten to inform your developers ?

It was not.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1886015

Where in this mail do you find anything that says "forking the CMF" and
"closing the code"?

All it talks about is the ability to license future releases of plone
under a similar license that Zope Corporation is using for Zope, the
ZPL.

And even if Alan wants to fork the CMF and create a commercial
product... who cares? Good luck, is what I would say. This is what open
source is all about. If you don't like it, well, change it.

Please get to know the facts before you start screaming. At least quote
or post references.

I hope this is my last post in this issue, it isn't really on topic for
this list...

/Magnus