[Zope-CMF] problem with CMFTopic.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:20:16 +0200

Romain Slootmaekers wrote at 2003-4-3 02:48 +0200:
 > > Can you check whether you object is indexed twice in the
 > > catalog (you would use the "getPath" method on the respective "brain"
 > > objects).
 > >
 > The same object is indexed twice but with different paths.
 > I managed to solve to problem by making sure the object is accessed
 > always in the same way.
 >
 > Before, I used acquisition from outside the
 > portal to get access to the object before I called the edit method.
 > This seems to confuse the catalog.

It should not (unless you have "CatalogAware" instances rather
than "CatalogPathAware").
Modern ZCatalog versions use "getPhysicalPath" to obtain the uid
of an object. Unless the acquisition structure is broken (by
a buggy product), "getPhysicalPath" is independent from the
access path to an object.

You can use Shane's "showaq" to analyse the acquisition structure.

Dieter