[Zope-CMF] Question: search weirdness

Rob Boyd boydrobh@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:11:25 -0700 (PDT)

I have created a product with 2 classes.  If I create
one object, then create the second object inside the
first, searches that match the first object also match
the inner objects, although the inner objects really
_don't_ match the search criteria.  It's as if the
inner objects are acquiring from the parent object.

Details:
First object: CodeProject(SkinnedFolder,
DefaultDublinCoreIml, PortalContent).

I want content that can contain other content, is
searchable, and has metadata.  The content's title and
description are from metadata.  In the class I define
SearchableText for id, title, and description.  This
works as intended, in that the searches work, and
viewing in ZMI gives a folderish view.

Second object, intended to go inside first:
ToolBox(SkinnedFolder)

No need to be searchable, it's merely a container with
custom skins.  Will hold things like files, news
items, etc.  Searches on its title or id or
description fail, which is correct behavior.

BUT, say my CodeProject has a description 'A Java
project'.  When I search on 'Java', I get hits on my
CodeProject plus any of the ToolBoxes I have created
inside.  I verified that the metadata description for
the toolboxes is empty - it isn't getting the value of
the CodeProject's description.  If I do Advanced
Search, I get a hit on the toolboxes only when doing
Full Text search, not when searching on Description.

What's happening here?

Thanks,
Rob