[Zope-CMF] TypesTool ugly

alan runyan runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:12:55 -0500

How do you make a folder that has nothing addable to it?
TypesTool.TypeInformation.allowType() does not handle this condition.

How to reproduce:

 - portal_types -> Select Folder

 - check Filter content types

 - unselect all Allowed content types

 - save

goto a Folder and click New button you get TypeError,
'in ' requires character as left operand

In Plone its worse because we build up a select list
of available types to add in folder_contents.  So it throws
the exception and you can not see folder_contents.

This is because self.allowed_content_types turns into a string when nothing
is selected.  NOTE: This to me seems
like unexpected behavior because the form marshalling code
says allowed_content_types:utf8:list (shouldnt this marshall empty strings
into empty list?)

The simplest thing possible is to add another check
on line line 174 in TypesTool.py

if not self.allowed_content_types: return 0

anyone have an objection to this going in?  or am I looking
in the wrong place for the fix?  I can even modify the CMF
folder_contents template so the New button doesnt show up -
if desired.

thanks,
--
alan runyan