[Zope-CMF] Problems with calling portal_actions

Slade Mrs A A.Slade@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:38:07 +0100

I'm totally bamboozled with this silly little python interpretation error
and am hoping someone can help me?

I have some actions set up in portal_actions that I am using for a
navigation system.  I'm trying to do a tal:repeat over these portal_actions,
which are defined as category 'portal_subcontents1', 'portal_subcontents2'
... 'portal_subcontents7.  Therefore, I'm trying to loop over them and each
time append repeat/tab/index(+1) to the name 'portal_subcontents'.

So, you can see in line 2, I set a variable called 'current' which is set to
repeat/tab/index.
In line 3, I append (current+1) to the string 'portal_subcontents'.
In line 4, I try to set portal_contents to 'portal_subcontents1' on the
first iteration, 'portal_subcontents2' on the second iteration, and so on.

However, I get nothing!!  It doesn't find anything called
actions/portal_subcontents1.  However, if I replace 'actions/subnav' with
'actions/portal_subcontents1', it works fine.  So, I think my syntax must be
wrong as it's not interpretting what I want it to.

1             <div class="subtabs"
2                  tal:define="current repeat/tab/index;
3                         subnav python:'portal_subcontents' +
str(current+1);
4                         portal_contents actions/subnav|nothing;
5                         global selected_content_tabs
python:here.selectedTabs(template.getId(), here);
6                         selected_content_tab
selected_content_tabs/portal;" >
7
8               portal_Contents:<span
tal:content="portal_contents">content</span>
9               <metal:block tal:condition="portal_contents"
10                            tal:repeat="subtab portal_contents">
12               <br/>
13              </metal:block>
15             </div>

I hope this makes sense!