[Zope-CMF] need to link one folder from another

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:46:10 -0400

I have the following path setup with a Reference:
  /Control_Panel/Products/MyProduct/skins/bc_main
with id
  bc_main

I put a little test script in the same folder as the Reference that
iterates over bc_main.objectIds() and prints gattr(bc_main, objId) and its
getting the real bc_main's contents fine from my script.

bc_main is located in my portal_skins folder.  I have added bc_main to the
skins path.  I have added my new logo.jpg to my real bc_main folder, but
logo.jpg is also defined in plone_images which is also in the skin path
(but much later in the path).

When I specify logo.jpg in my browser, I see plone_images logo.jpg, and not
mine.  If I remove the bc_main Reference and instead copy my actual bc_main
folder and paste it into portal_skins, logo.jpg automagically shows me
my logo (instead of plone_images).

Does all this work for you?

ps. the user I was referring to earlier was my manager zope role that is
defined in the topmost acl_users (/acl_users).

- Rocky