[Zope-CMF] Password strength

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:10:03 +0100

I've done a bit more research on this and I think writing a Python library
to check if passwords are dictionary based is going to be tricky to do well
and is reinventing the wheel.

I am going to use a Python interface to cracklib instead which has been
relatively straightforward to get working. Unfortunately this is a Unix only
solution so it's not appropriate to go into Zope. I'm sure there will be
Windows equivalents somewhere but the Windows world is a mystery to me!

Suggest that we go with the min_password_length property and the
custom_policy_hook as in your branch. I'll post a custom policy method along
with a working Python/cracklib library onto zope.org for Unix users.