[Zope-CMF] "editor can't find a valid editor for this file extension" when a ttempting to use webdav and Dreamweaver

Sally Owens sowens@brookes.ac.uk
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:20:59 +0100

At 16:10 22/04/03 +0100, you wrote:
>Sally Owens wrote:
>>content/template instances names that end in .html. We're not keen to do
>>this because it isn't the way that Zope/CMF were designed to work.
>
>What lead you to believe this?

The following led me to believe this:

" Zope is an object management system. Objects have classes that identify
what they are. It isn't necessary to embed type information in object
names. Furthermore, because Zope is scripted with Python, file-extensions
in object names are extremely inconvenient.

Many systems that Zope interacts with, however, are not object oriented.
These systems depend on file-name extensions to determine file types. Zope
has been acccused of being "unfiendly" to these systems because it doesn't
encourage use of file extensions."

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/NameExtensionViews/HistoricalRevisions/836.6656.19018.64068