[Zope-CMF] "editor can't find a valid editor for this file extension" when a ttempting to use webdav and Dreamweaver

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:59:56 +0200

Sally Owens wrote at 2003-4-23 15:20 +0100:
 > At 16:10 22/04/03 +0100, you wrote:
 > >Sally Owens wrote:
 > >>content/template instances names that end in .html. We're not keen to do
 > >>this because it isn't the way that Zope/CMF were designed to work.
 > >
 > >What lead you to believe this?
 >
 > The following led me to believe this:
 >
 > " Zope is an object management system. Objects have classes that identify
 > what they are. It isn't necessary to embed type information in object
 > names. Furthermore, because Zope is scripted with Python, file-extensions
 > in object names are extremely inconvenient.

Forget about this...

  Having objects with extensions in their name makes
  Python scripting slightly more difficult (you
  must use "getattr(object,'attrname')" rather than "object.attrname"),
  but only slightly.

Dieter