[Zope-CMF] database modification time vs. content modification time

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:36:07 +0200

Stay away from bobobase_modification_time. It is a ZODB internal
timestamp and not to be mucked with by us mortals.

What you want is an application-level modification time, and current
CMF has support for such a thing in DublinCore and CMFCatalogAware.

What will probably work is:

1) Upgrade CMF on the old site (where the documents come from).

2) Write an ExternalMethod that calls notifyModified() on all your
content objects.

3) Do the same on your new site

4) Now export the documents from the old site and import them into the
new site.

Be careful to also update the portal_catalog. You will likely need
additional indexes and metadata.

HTH,
Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/