[Zope-CMF] Understanding Tool Construction

Edward Muller edwardam@interlix.com
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:45:28 -0500

--=-ZfM8ERhIWWVBD0UgfYoG

I am looking to write some 'stuff' for CMF that don't really conform to
content types. What I need to write is are e-commerce based webhosting
signup pages/script, a gateway to one or more credit card processing
gateways, an interface to web hosting software, etc.

Using CMF I believe a lot (not all) of this would be done using by
writing a tool (along with interfaces and an implimentation). Am I
correct?

I have a lot of general zope experience but almost none with CMF.
Basically I am trying to learn. I understand CMF basics (at least I
believe I do), workflows and the like. I've used Archetypes to create
CMF content types, but a lot of what I'm doing isn't a piece of content,
it's process.

Mostly looking for some guidance and perhaps a simple tool with easy to
understand code that I can sink my teeth into to learn the ins-and-outs.

Thanks,

--=20
Edward Muller

Interlix (http://www.interlix.com)
Phone: 417-862-0573 - Cell: 417-844-2435 - Fax: 417-862-0572

Web Hosting - PC Service & Support - Custom Programming - Network Service &=
 Support
Specializing in Open Source Solutions

--=-ZfM8ERhIWWVBD0UgfYoG

--=-ZfM8ERhIWWVBD0UgfYoG--