[Zope-CMF] Understanding Tool Construction

Edward Muller edwardam@interlix.com
Sat Aug 2 17:33:15 EDT 2003

--=-M/V2hsITL7pMl3ZTI0M2

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 09:05, Chris Withers wrote:
> Edward Muller wrote:
> > Using CMF I believe a lot (not all) of this would be done using by
> > writing a tool (along with interfaces and an implimentation). Am I
> > correct?
>=20
> Most of wha tyou've described just sounds like stuff that should go as me=
thods=20
> and templates in a skin layer...

Okay, then what is a tool for then?=20

>=20
> > believe I do), workflows and the like. I've used Archetypes to create
> > CMF content types, but a lot of what I'm doing isn't a piece of content=
,
> > it's process.
>=20
> Well, if it centres around a piece of content, such as a user account, yo=
u could=20
> look at the workflow tool... more specifically, the DCWorkflow implementa=
tion of=20
> the Workflow Tool interface.

That makes sense.

>=20
> cheers,
>=20
> Chris
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20
Edward Muller

Interlix (http://www.interlix.com)
Phone: 417-862-0573 - Cell: 417-844-2435 - Fax: 417-862-0572

Web Hosting - PC Service & Support - Custom Programming - Network Service &=
 Support
Specializing in Open Source Solutions

--=-M/V2hsITL7pMl3ZTI0M2

--=-M/V2hsITL7pMl3ZTI0M2--