[Zope-CMF] content type permissions

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Thu Aug 7 18:24:50 EDT 2003

Glenn Pierce wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a type that is has a OFS.History object as as parent.

I hope you mean as a superclass? ;-)

> However I need anonymous users to also be redirected but at the moment
> they are unable if the content type's latest state is private.
>
> How do I change the permissions so anonymous users can view my content
> type if there is at least one history for that object that is published
> ? Even if the current state is private.

You don't ;-) You need to write stuff in your code that redirects to the lates
history to filter that list to histories the current user can see and then pick
the latest one of those.

I guess you raise an UnauthorizedError if you fina a suitable historical object :-S

cheers,

Chris