[Zope-CMF] DTML trans to ZPT

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Aug 14 03:54:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:02:32PM -0700, Eric Dunn wrote:
> I have a couple peices of code I'd like to use on my
> CMF site.  Can anyone tell me how to translate them
> into ZPT?:
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('tracktable','hosts')">
> <dtml-call usercnt>

ZPT provides no equivalent to dtml-call. It's pretty common to use
a tal:define with a clearly-marked dummy variable, like so:

     tal:define="dummy python:request.set('tracktable', 'hosts');
                 dummy request/usercnt" />

... depending on where usercnt is (here? container? request?).

> and
>
> <dtml-with expr="MyCounter"> <dtml-var user_count>
> users online! </dtml-with>

ZPT doesn't need an equivalent to dtml-with, because you can easily
specify namespaces without it. Like so:

... but again, I don't really know where your MyCounter thing lives.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com