[Zope-CMF] Hot to globally set character encoding?

Maciej Żarski maciej at bmpg.pl
Mon Aug 18 13:21:28 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have a problem with setting the response character encoding for customized
CMF templates. Here is my current workaround:
1) I go to the 'portal_skins/zpt_generic/folder_contents' template and
customize it to the 'portal_skins/custom' folder
2) I change the name of this template to 'folder_contents_tpl'
3) I add the following DTML method to 'portal_skins/custom' with a name
'folder_contents':
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html; charset=utf-8')">
<dtml-var folder_contents_tpl>

I know that this is ugly, but can anyone give me an alternative solution? Is
there a single place where I can specify
the default response character encoding for CMF templates?

Regards,

Maciej Zarski