[Zope-CMF] Customizing content types

Reverend Matt rev_matt_y at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 19:30:51 EDT 2003

Determining whether to extend or create new depends on the complexity
of the desired result.  The basic types that are included are just
that, basic.  They will work fine for the majority of cases, but when
they don't you have to determine if it makes more sense to extend or
build your own new one.

I opted to create a new one with PABlog, and it was a learning
experience (and continues to be).

I recommend checking out:
http://cmf.zope.org/doc/FAQ/development/faq_4_8

http://www.zope.org/Members/digitalis/basic_cmf_product/how_to

http://plone.org/documentation/howto/HowToWriteYourOwnContentType

--- In zopeCMF at yahoogroups.com, David Chandek-Stark <dc at d...> wrote:
> I am engaged in a pilot project migrating a web site into Zope/CMF.
This