[Zope-CMF] custom workflow states

Austin Lowry austin.lowry at fedex.com
Thu Aug 28 12:07:58 EDT 2003

I am attempting to create a custom 'Protected' state for my Plone site
that will only allow authenticated users to view content in the said
state. I have done what I thought was enough, but the 'Protected' state
is not listed as an option when I attempt to change states for an
object. Maybe I have missed an important step.

I began by editing the plone_workflow and creating a state called
'Protected'. I then created a 'Protected' transition.

For the state I allowed hide, publish, retract, and show. In permissions
I unchecked 'Aquire Permission settings' for all and checked the following:
Access contents information: Authenticated, Manager, Member, Owner, Reviewer
Change portal events: Manager, Member, Owner
Modify portal content: Manager, Member, Owner

For the transition, I set the following:
Destination state: |protected|
Trigger: User action
Requires permission: |Review portal content|
Adds to actions box: |Proctected Content

I then clicked 'Update security settings' for the portal_workflow. Have
I missed something? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

~Austin Lowry