[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFWeblog: to edit or not to edit

Bob Bernstein bernstein at cesmail.net
Tue Dec 9 10:16:21 EST 2003

Kirk Lowery <klowery at whi.wts.edu> wrote:

> My changes *are* made and although it's a pain, I simply go to the
> blog-view and see how my changes have taken effect. Then it's back to
> the edit page again if my changes are unsatisfactory.

Yes, I believe 'pain' is the operative term. I managed to finagle the
external editor to do that chore, but then lo and behold the template
used to _create_ new blog entries showed up missing in action - which
interestingly enough did not prevent me from creating new entries, but
only forced me to use the now-highly-dubious edit-entry screen for
that purpose!

> I think CMFWeblog is no longer under active development. Why, I couldn't
> say. There is another Product, SimpleBlog, that you might want to check out.

My last offical acts of the night before turning in early this morning
were: 1) to nuke the instance of plone I was working on, and along
with it all remaining traces of CMFWeblog, and 2) install SimpleBlog
on a new plone.

Great minds think alike. <g>

Thanks,

--