[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFWeblog: to edit or not to edit

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Dec 14 23:50:14 EST 2003

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:52:04 -0500, J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:45:31 -0500
> Marc Lindahl <marc at bowery.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 05:45 PM, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
>>> Yup, its a pretty neat product.  There's some work to be done with
>>> the API interfaces, but asides from that it works just fine for me.
>
>> CMFWeblog overrides preferences_form, which breaks plone 2.0.... I
>> posted the issue in the collector on plone.org.
>
> Yeah, but it is fairly easy to merge the Plone2 and CMFWeblog
> preferences_form into your own custom form.  Heck, I did this anyway as
> I didn't like the look of the default Plone2 form.

This is evil evil behaviour, and CMFWeblog should definitely not do this,
it will break anything but a stock CMFDefault site. (This is the good old
discussion about being CMF compatible vs. being CMFDefault compatible, I
won't start it again here ;)

Plone 2 also offers per-user prefs pages that are pluggable by Products,
so there is really no reason to do this either.

Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com

Plone Co-Founder   ·   http://plone.org   ·   Connecting Content

     高联合  ·  アレクサンダー リミ  ·  이미짱  ·  อเล็กซานเดอร์ ลีมิ