[Zope-CMF] [dev] Dublin Core Creator(s): a small proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Mon Dec 15 13:04:15 EST 2003

Hi!

I had a closer look at <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/25> and this is
how I think this issue should be resolved:

- The Creator method should return a sequence of creators like in Zope
X3 and like Contributors() already does.

- Because the name Creator doesn't sound like a sequence and existing
code expects a string as return value, I propose to add a Creators
method and to mark the Creator method as deprecated.

- notifyModified() should call a new method addCreator() that adds the
id of the current authenticated member similar to the method in Zope
X3's CreatorAnnotatorClass:
<http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/src/zope/app/dublincore/creatorannotator.py?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>

- For backwards compatibility Creators() should return Creator() as
first and only element of the sequence if self.creators doesn't exist
already. This way self.creators could also be added 'on the fly'.

If there are no objections to this approach, I'll check in these changes
on a branch. There is some other code that has to be updated to use the
new Creators() method. I would do that in a second step.

Any comments?

Cheers,
	Yuppie