[Zope-CMF] survey: zope 2.7 syntax errors with TAL statments over multiple lines

Gerry Kirk gerry at faithonline.com
Wed Dec 31 10:36:33 EST 2003

Is anyone else getting this problem? I'm surprised there aren't other
people posting this problem... I always seem to get the weird ones, I guess.

Any time a TAL statement extends over multiple lines, I get a syntax
error, like this one:

TAL.TALDefs.TALError: Python expression error: invalid syntax (Python
expression "test( no_types == 1 , 'Add New ' + types[0].Title() , 'Add
New Item')", line 1) in expression "python:test( no_types == 1\r\n ,
'Add New ' + types[0].Title()\r\n , 'Add New Item')", at line 111, column 29

It's a real pain, as there are a number of lines like this in several
products. I can only make it go away by putting everything on one line.

I did file a bug at zope.org, but no response...

- Gerry