[Zope-CMF] Staging content

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:20:42 +0100

Mark Gibson wrote at 2003-2-4 16:19 -0700:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Mark Gibson wrote at 2003-2-3 18:35 -0700:
 > >  > Has anyone used any content staging strategies besides CMFStaging?
 >

 > >   *  We use a publish/revise workflow to handle published
 > >      content revision: when published content needs to be revised,
 > >      the revision is done on a copy. Only when the revision is
 > >      released the published object is modified.
 > >

 > Can you elaborate on this a bit?   What are the steps from beginning
 > to end you follow to revise and update a piece of content?  Can you
 > illustrate the workflow as well?
The most natural setup ;-)

  workflow states	outgoing transistions

    new			publish, becomeRevision
    published		revise
    underRevision	cancelRevision
    isRevision		cancelRevision, publish

  transitions		destination state

    publish		published
    revise		underRevision
    cancelRevision	published
    becomeRevision	isRevision

"revise", "cancelRevision" and "publish" have associated scripts
which perform the create/remove/store the revision copy.
The copy is stored in the "Revision" attribute of revised object.
"becomeRevision" is an automatic transistion which fires when
the object has a parent and it is the "Revision" attribute of the
parent.

Dieter