[Zope-CMF] Auto create error page

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:35:56 +0100

Sim Harbert wrote at 2003-2-8 14:52 -0500:
 > OK, I guess it wouldn't be able to know whether the user will be able to
 > create the page.   It could just have a "create page" link for anyone
 > hitting the error page.
 >
 > I guess I am just musing around for easier ways to create and edit
 > pages.  I like the idea of being able to create pages quickly in the
 > Wiki style.  In CMF/Plone it is a bit tedious to create pages,
 > especially of sub-folders.  Once I create a link on a page, I have to
 > click on the folder on the left "navigation" area.  Then I have to click
 > "Switch to Contents view".  Then I have to select "Document" and then
 > click on "Add".  And through all of that I have to remember the exact
 > document id that I set as the link name.
 >
 > Am I expecting too much?
Not, when you are ready to use "Advanced features":

  You can customize your folder's "__bobo_traverse__" method
  to return an appropriate object even when the looked for
  object does not exist.

  You must be careful to avoid being unable to *add* a not
  yet existing object. It may be a bit tricky ...

Dieter