[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:46:40 +0100

At 08:28 PM 2/10/03, Greg Ward wrote:
>Has anyone had much luck creating multilingual content with the CMF,
>specifically with Plone?  (I've already asked on the plone-users list,
>and didn't get any helpful responses.)

Has anyone had much luck using a default CMF product with Plone ?

<snip>

>Also, general advice on how to build a multi-lingual CMF/Plone site
>would be most welcome.  I'm groping for clues here, folks...

I believe the "CMF/Plone" perception you have of how things are working, is
wrong :-(

Plone is not a standard CMF product, and many product that works in a
default CMFinstallation doesn't work with Plone.

The Plone-dudes are very helpfull with "Plonification" of standard CMF
products, so maybe they can help you one day, when all CMF products have
been "Ploneified".

For now my experience is, that if you use Plone, you can't expect anything
else to work with it.

And yes - we have succesfully done multilingual sites with default CMF and
localiser... but not with Plone.

Regards,
Erik Lange