[Zope-CMF] Where does a folder view come from?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:34:58 -0500

On 14 February 2003, Michael McLay said:
> The Action link in the menu is defined in the Action tab for the
> portal_type.  For some reason the default for View is not defined and
> as a result it uses aquisition to fill in the closest defined
> index_html web page. To fix the problem just define a view Action for
> the Folder type. Go to the Action tab in
> /YourCCMFSite/portal_types/Folder and create a name for for the View
> Action. I used "folder_view_form".

Yep, I managed to get that far shortly after posting on Friday.
However, my custom folder_view action was still being hidden, and the
index_html for "/cmfsite" was being acquired by "/cmfsite/foo", which
was rather jarring.  I "fixed" it by renaming /cmfsite/index_html to
something non-magical.

So I've got a very simple "folder_view" action working, and I'm about to
steal some of your code to make it a bit less simple.  But now I'm not
so sure this is the right way to go, because the URLs are wrong.

You see, if I visit "/cmfsite/foo" (remember "foo" is a CMF folder), I
get a nearly-empty page with the folder's title and description.  To see
my custom folder view, I have to visit "/cmfsite/foo/folder_view" --
yuck.  Perhaps what I really need to do is define an index_html in my
skin.  Guess I'll try that next.

Thanks --

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
OUR PLAN HAS FAILED STOP JOHN DENVER IS NOT TRULY DEAD