[Zope-CMF] Staging content

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:05:14 +0100

Mark Gibson wrote at 2003-2-17 11:31 -0700:
 > > The new object is then brought into its initial state ("new").
 > > As the condition for "becomeRevision" is true (the new object
 > > is the "Revision" attribute of its parent),
 > > this automatic transition fires and bring the copy into
 > > state "isRevision".
 > >
 > >  >
 > >  > What about Folderish Object?  Do you just clone the folder and it's
 > >  > contents, and make it the Revision attribute of the revised object?
 > > I use "_getCopy" for the cloning.
 >

 > I'm still a little confused.  I have a folderish object that contains
 > a number of other objects. I 'revise' the object.  A copy gets
 > created, and put into the "Revision" attribute of the orignal object.
 >   What state are the contained objects in?

When you use "_getCopy" on the folderish object, this object and
its subobjects (what you call "contained objects") are copied.
As the workflow state is maintained in an attribute, the workflow state
of both the object and the contained objects is carried over
into the copy. When this is not what you want, you must do
something about it (i.e. call "_changeStateOf" for the respective
object).

Dieter