[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 1.4 alpha

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:42:38 +0100

Hi!

The proposed release date for 1.4 alpha was end of February, that's one
week from now.

Unresolved issues from the roadmap:
===================================

Movement of .css files to FSFile
(AndrewS ?)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/84>
Excessive time consumption by 'Filesystem Directory View'.
(ChrisW ?)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/100>
New portal_skins properties widget includes 'CVS' folders.
(ChrisW ?)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/113>
New FS property files format so that the format is more extensible using
ConfigParser format. Include proxy roles.
(AndyM ?)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/114>
Restriction of content type addition based upon user roles (ie: user x
can enter types y and z).
(ChrisW ?)

Unresolved issues from my personal list:

DCWorkflow integration
(nobody: just take it like it is)

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2003-February/017238.html>
ActionProviderBase-derived TypeInformation class
(tseaver ?)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/68>
Failing tests in Link with python2.2
(???)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/108>
utils.strippingParser strips ending slash
(yuppie)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/122>
I18N support for CMFDefault
(tseaver ?)

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/128>
MembershipTool: un-hardwire members folder
(yuppie)

Any corrections, comments, ...?
What are the issues that block the alpha release?

Cheers,

Yuppie

BTW: Is there a reason the official roadmap was not moved back to the
dogbowl? I'd really like to see official CMF documents on cmf.zope.org,
not on myhome at whatever.org. If there's still a problem with the
dogbowl, that should be fixed.