[Zope-CMF] CMF portal_catalog(path) and VirtualHostMonster

Ronald L. Roeber rroeber1@unl.edu
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:57:30 -0600

We have server that hosts several CMF sites. One of the pages on each site
generates a list all published Documents located in one particular folder
in the root of the CMF called 'pubs'. I generate page that lists the
Documents in 'pubs' with the following tag:

                                               ,sort_on = 'Date'
                                               ,sort_order='reverse'
                                               ,review_state='pulished'
                                               ,path='/%s/pubs' %
here.portal_url(1);>

Works fine...until I make the CMF site the root of a virtual host mapping
using VirtualHostMonster as such:
mycmfsite.unl.edu/allsites/mycmfsite/

This approach works perfectly well w/o the virtual host, but returns
nothing with the above mapping when referencing the VH. And quite rightly
so. I do not know how to write a path catalog query that would work in
both settings. I've tried path=here.pubs.absolute_url(1) for instance.
Nothing I can think of works in both settings. I have some other ideas
around this but would really like to just tweak that path expression.

This is a Zope 2.6.1 site using CMF 1.3 running on port 80. There is no
Apache server in play here.

Any help is--as always--most greatly appreciated.

Ronald L. Roeber
CIT-IANR
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68583  Phone: (402) 472-5630
email: rroeber1@unl.edu