[Zope-CMF] [dev] some questions regarding CMF 1.4

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:08:43 +0100

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> As I mentionned somewhere, I'm against releasing the proposed i18n as it
> is. Useable i18n means using message-ids everywhere, not just relying on
> default-text-as-message-id which is brittle.
>
> Note that I say releasing, of course the current work should be put in
> CVS but it will need further work.

I'm sure you've got much more experience with i18n than I. And the aim
to have message-ids everywhere seems reasonable.

If the current work is on a branch:

- who will use it?

- who will work on it?

- who will keep that branch in sync with trunk changes?

Yes. i18n support could be improved. But it's already useable like it
is. Right now there exist a lot of home-made solutions and keeping them
in sync is much more work than keeping .po files in sync - even if a lot
of message-ids will be changed.

So I'm still +1 for releasing it like it is.

Cheers,

Yuppie