[Zope-CMF] how to automate content uploads

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:40:00 -0800

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:24:34PM +0000, csheldon@cruzio.com wrote:
> How can one automate the upload of numerous content
> folders and files?
>
> We want to upload several hundred content folders
> and several hundred content files to a Plone site
> without ruining our wrist tendons doing it manually.
> We need to do this now, so cannot wait for major
> enhancements to be planned and implemented.

WebDAV also works for this... I'm a total webDAV dummy
but i can do this in Windows 2000:

- add a Network Place

- give it my Zope site's DAV port:
 e.g. http://my-server:8081/

- open it up - should see all the zope folders & stuff
in 'doze explorer

- navigate to the Plone site "folder"

- drag & drop my top-level folders into it

- go look at Plone, and they've been converted
to Documents, Images, Plone Folders as needed.

It would be cool if I could also edit stuff by opening it
in Explorer this way... but that doesn't seem to work for me,
can't open with anything but IE and it won't let me edit & save.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com