[Zope-CMF] Hi all! i am a newbie. How to customize the register flow?

Jochen Haeberle listen@midras.de
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:48:19 +0100

Hi "Ihsum",

I just did that with the basic tools provided by plone, but I must say
will probably not do it again this way, so beware...

In ZMI go to portal_memberdata, cklick on the Properties-Tab and there
you are... add the properties you like and they will be accessible for
you. You must access them on your own, though... so go and add the
fields to your join form, properties edit form and whereever you need
them.

Userdate in CMF/Plone is stored in the acl_user folder like in "normal"
Zope and in portal_memberdata (click on the content tab).

Unfortunately, as of now I do not know of a way to see the complete
membersdata through ZMI. I found a python script by runyaga that lists
all Member-data (including my own properties) via ZopeLab:
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1000580419

Using this I was able to see the properties I added and to test my
further work...

Hope this helps...

Why I would not do it that way again?? I would like to see the values
through ZMI somehow easy and then there is the problem of working with
larger numbers of users. I could not find a way to catalog the new
members properties so if you are looking for members you need to step
through all users looking for yourself. This is troublesome to code and
gets real slow with growing numbers of users.

I like the idea that was brought to my attention, that one could link
some special portal content holding all the members properties to the
actual member entry, and catalog and work with the member content, but
this poses some problems to security.

I will have a look at CMFTypes, that should address this rather fine. A
user type is as example included with the download.

Regards from Germany

Jochen