[Zope-CMF] Plone:strange behaviour of my own portal type

robert rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:09:31 +0100

I created a portal type (SZProfile) that derives from Image.
I should contain info about a user and a picture.
It is to be used in a plone site.

Now my problem.
When all data has been provided trough a "standard" edit screen I want to=
=20
rename the object so it reflects first and last name of the user it=20
describes.
This I do in the object_edit.py script that is called after the edit sess=
ion.
What i to is I just assign a new value to the id.
As a result I have an instance of my portal type with the new id.

Now my real problem:
externaly the object has a new id. That is in the ZMI (and in folder cont=
ents)=20
it shows the new Id.
Internaly however, that is when I call object.getId() I still get the old=
 id.

What could be the reason. Do I have to call a method on the object to set=
 the=20
new id ??

Thanks
Robert