[Zope-CMF] Test failing under Zope 2.5.1

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:42:01 +0100

Hi Tres!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 15:01, Yuppie wrote:
>
>>Chris Withers wrote:
>>
>>>The following test fails under 2.5.1 but passes under 2.6.0:
>>>
>>>======================================================================
>>>ERROR: test_interface
>>>(Products.CMFCore.tests.test_ActionProviderBase.ActionProv
>>>iderBaseTests)
>>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "D:\Zope\cmf2Products\CMFCore\tests\test_ActionProviderBase.py",
>>>line 154
>>>, in test_interface
>>>    verifyClass(IActionProvider, ActionProviderBase)
>>>  File "D:\ZOPE\25228D~1.1\lib\python\Interface\verify.py", line 35, in
>>>verify_c
>>>lass_implementation
>>>    raise BrokenMethodImplementation(n)
>>>BrokenMethodImplementation: An object has failed to implement the method
>>>listAct
>>>ions
>>>
>>>        The signature is incorrect.
>>>
>>>Why is this happening and do we care?
>>
>>I have no idea why this happens, but I wrote the test so I'll have a
>>look at it.
>>

>>CMF 1.3 Requirements:
>>     - Zope v. 2.4.3 or later, v. 2.5 and later (*not* 2.4.2 or 2.4.1)
>>
>>I think we should care. CMF tests should pass with all these releases.
>

> Zope 2.6 backported a bugfix to the 'verify' module which is a likely
> explanation.  In this case, I am willing to let the test fail
> indefinitely, as it is Zope 2.5.1 which is borked, rather than the CMF
> code.

Oops! Just checked in a fix before I got your mail.

I think it is a Bad Thing to have broken tests. It's very confusing if
you run tests with older Zope versions.

I changed the interface and all tests pass now. The only alternative I
see is to disable the test for Zope 2.5.X .

Cheers,

Yuppie