[Zope-CMF] WorkflowMethod

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:57:08 +0100

In article <15903.11263.344652.310285@gargle.gargle.HOWL> you write:
> The idea (old use cases found on "cmf.zope.org") has been that
> you can control the method execution by your workflow:
>
>   When the worflow state does not allow the corresponding transition.
>   you cannot call the method.
>
> Unfortunately, this is broken in CMF 1.3:
>
>   When the workflow state does not allow the transition, the
>   method is called anyway.

Yeah, that pretty much defeats the point of having workflow methods...

I'm inclined to patch it, as I too need such functionnality.

It would probably mean either:

 - removing all workflowAction wrappings from CMFDefault, because the
   standard workflows don't have the correct transitions,

 - adding the necessary transitions (edit, setFormat, editMetadata)
   to the default workflows,

 - adding a global boolean flag to the workflow tool that says "enforce
   workflow methods".

Opinions?

Florent