[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 Roadmap

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:15:09 +0100

Hi Tres!

Tres Seaver wrote:
>>2.) DCWorkflow integration
>>--------------------------
[...]
> It has been a goal to ship DCWorkflow as part of CMF for quite a while
> now;  we had some additional goals which made it harder than just
> including the product in the release tarball:
>
>   - We wanted to rename the product to 'CMFWorkflow'.
>
>   - Any rename (see below) requires a mandatory conversion script to
>     repair persistent instances which "knew" the old location of their
>     classes.
>

>>ChrisW proposed to move DCWorkflow to CMFCore. What do other people
>>think? Any volunteers to work on this?
>

> -1 Putting it into a different package will mean breaking lots of
> sites:  the workflow instances in the ZODB know that their class can be
> found in 'Products.DCWorkflow'.

CMFWorkflow needs a conversion script, CMFCore needs one. Can't see any
difference and why the first is what you want and the second one is -1.

DCWorkflow is 'just' an other workflow for CMFCore.WorkflowTool, so why
does it need to be a product on it's own if we have to write a
conversion script anyway?

But from a more pragmatic point of view: If the renaming blocks
integration for an other release (or for ever), I could also live with
the name DCWorkflow.

Cheers,

Yuppie